After reading eshda3wa's post about recycling and her question "What do you guys do to help the environment?" I thought I'd answer her question in a post.
I do admit that in certain things I'm not a "green person", I mean I still use regular plastic bags when I go grocery shopping instead of reusable bags, bs I try my best to be as green as I can. I listed some of the things that I do to help the enviornment (3gub ma I listed them I noticed that most of them revolve around plastic bags don't ask y! :p ) :
* I don't throw away magazines, newspapers, flyers.. etc. I collect them and put them in the storeroom until i have a huge bulk and then call one of the recycling companies to pick them up (like The Green Target Co.).
* In the co-op:
- When I buy 1-3 items only I don't use a plastic bag, I can manage holding them in my hand without a bag.
- When u buy lettuce for example, it comes wrapped in nylon and u take it and weigh it, put it in a jam3iya bag, and then put the price label on it. Instead, I let them put the label on the nylon itself.
- When ur at the cashier let them put as many items possible in one bag. They usually put the toast in a bag, the cheese in another and so on while the bag is still empty.
* I use the plastic bags that comes home from the above step as nappy bags for mini me @ home ;p
* I reuse glass jars to store spices and other stuff.
* I use good quality shoeboxes as storage boxes. They do wonders in organizing ur stuff, have u seen LV's boxes?? they r very practical as they have the shape of drawers! very useful for storing socks and belts.
* Close the water faucet while burshing ur teeth, don't let the water run without any use.
Thats all that I can remember for now.. what about u?? have u got any ideas on how to save the environment?