Ramdan is back again! and along comes it's rituals..
whether spiritual or eb6ainy-tual .. these rituals are what makes it so special..
here are some of my favourites:
1. the yireesh that i anticipate each year from our neighbours.
2. moments right before fu6oor when the radio is on and we'r waiting for the " jahiz? ermy *6aa5* " oo raaaakthah 3al tamrah!
3. 9alat il jeyaam.
4. doulkat il vimto.. i don't know why it only comes out bermuthan!
5. opening the door for il kids illy egargi3oon and telling them to egargi3oon 3ala esmy.. yes, a7ib awanis 3umry ;p
6. tamreeyah .. oh how i love u!
7. the discussion that takes place every year on whether to put il fu6oor ra2san.. aw bs dates and soup then a prayer break then serve the rest of the food.. i'm always on the ra2san team ;p
8. kids all dressed up in dishdashas and bu5nag's for gergai3an.
9. 5ubiz ergaag with chay 7aleeb for su7oor.
10. the " 3adat 3alaikum ya hala.. ya hala feekum ya hala.. fee kil lailah.. sahra
jameelah sahraneen" song on KTV playing over and over.
11. the alarm we set before il emsaak for that last sip of water.. which we end up missing at least 10 times eb hal shahar. =/
12. eating the leftover a6ayif's dough.. YUM!
13. the occasional "3eedkum embarak" that sometimes slips when u meant to say "mbarak 3alaikum il shahar"
14. and the occational "allah ebarik feech" that slips when u meant to say "3alaina o 3alaich.
ahh these things never fail to put a smile across my face =)
so what are ur favourites?!
embarak 3alaikum il shahar ya jima3ah oo 3asakum min 3uwadah =)
1st image's source
2nd image's source
3rd image's source
4th image's source